- Your membership commences once you have agreed to the club rules in the sign-up process and your membership will be activated on the date you specify.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges for the type of membership chosen.
- Members must tell us immediately of any changes of address, email or telephone numbers.
- Membership is personal and non-transferable.
- A membership card will be issued to each member when they join SWEAT! Members must present their card at the Checkin Desk on each visit to the club. Any member attending the club without a valid Membership Card may be refused entry.
- All members' profiles must have a clear photograph of the registered member's face.
- Members must purchase a new card at a cost of £3.00 at the Checkin Desk if they lose or damage their original membership card.
- Members must not lend their membership card to anyone else as the membership is personal and covers only the member’s use of SWEAT!. Failure to follow this will result in termination of your membership.
- Members and guests must be over 16 years old (proof of age may be requested). On a Loyalty Bonus Membership the minimum age is 18 years old. (again proof of age may be requested)
- You may not bring into, or use the club under the influence of alcohol or any drugs or substance, which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting the club. SWEAT! accepts no responsibly for loss or damage to personal property.
- We advise members not to bring valuable items into the club.
- SWEAT! endeavours to return items handed into lost property, however we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage; items will be kept for no longer than one week.
- You must complete a Health Commitment Statement before using the club. You are accepting full responsibility that you are fit to train in SWEAT! and SWEAT! will not accept any responsibility for the member using the facilities.
- On joining all members are offered, and are recommend to take, a complimentary SWEAT! Support session (30 minutes) from a qualified Personal Trainer (SWEAT! Buddy).
- The complimentary SWEAT! support session can be booked on-line.
- Members, at their discretion, may decide not to partake in a complimentary SWEAT! support session. However, SWEAT! will not accept any liability if the member has not participated in this session and uses the facilities.
- You must use club facilities and gym equipment in a proper manner and should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- You will be liable for any damage caused to the equipment or facilities through your negligent use.
- It is essential that appropriate exercise clothing and shoes are worn whilst exercising. If you choose to wear garments for religious beliefs, which we deem to be unsafe for exercise then SWEAT! cannot be held responsible for any resulting accident or injury.
- Each piece of gym equipment must not be used for longer than 30 minutes during busy periods.
- You must use a SWEAT! towel at all times and you are required to wipe down gym equipment after use.
- You are asked to arrive at the club at least 5 minutes prior to any personal training or complimentary training session. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours’ notice), or fail to keep an appointment for services and /or exercise programs.
- Food may not be taken onto the gym floor or into the studios.
- Gym bags, coats or jackets are not to be taken onto the gym floor or into the studios. Lockers are provided for this.
- Mobile phones may be used on the gym floor and in the studios, but the taking of videos and still pictures is strictly forbidden.
Termination of Membership
- The joining fee / initial payments / Pre-paid or Anuual payments are due and payable immediately on execution of the agreement and are non refundable.
- No refund will be given for any unused membership including annual payments and Student memberships. All Student membership expire on 30th September regardless of when they start. No refunds will be given on any unused membership regardless of the reason. Freeze is not permitted on a Pre-paid or Student membership.
- On termination of membership, for any reason, the member is required to surrender his / her membership card to the club.
- SWEAT! reserves the right to terminate or suspend a membership at any stage at its sole discretion. The member will be unable to join or use any SWEAT! club and we will not give you any refund.
- Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect, or we have fallen well below that standard.
- On the flexible membership you may terminate your membership by emailing Members@sweatunion.com from your registered email address on your membership. Please contact us at least 15 days before your payment is due (which will not include the day of your request, nor the day your direct debit payment is due) There is no need to cancel your direct debit, our Team will do this for you as cancelling your direct debit will stop your entry to the gym immediately but you will still be required to make payment for your notice period. Please note a £15 administration fee will be added to your account monthly for any missed payments or if you do not have a valid direct debit in place.
- On a 6-month Loyalty Bonus membership you are obligated to make a minimum of six full monthly direct debit payments (the first one paid at the time of joining by credit/debit card does not count towards your 6 payments). You are obligated to make every payment regardless of non-attendance.
- On a 6-month Loyalty Bonus membership, if you have fulfilled your commitment to the membership as specified above, then you may terminate your membership by emailing us on Members@sweatunion.com from your registered email address on your membership. Please contact us at least 15 days before your payment is due (which will not include the day of your request, nor the day your direct debit payment is due). There is no need to cancel your direct debit, our Team will do this for you as cancelling your direct debit will stop your entry to the gym but you will still be required to make payment for your notice period. Please note a £15 administration fee will be added to your account monthly for any missed payments or if you do not have a valid direct debit in place.
- On a 6-month Loyalty Bonus membership, once you have completed the minimum six monthly direct debit payments we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month at the current Loyalty Bonus rate. Current rates are also on display in Reception at your home club. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections once this period has expired.
- You may cancel the Automatic Renewal after your minimum payment has been made by emailing us on Members@sweatunion.com from your registered email address on your membership (Please contact us at least 15 working days before your payment is due (which will not include the day of your request, nor the day your direct debit payment is due)).
Guests and Visitors
- Members may bring guests to the club subject to paying a guest fee of £5.99.
- Each guest may only use a free guest pass once. After one free visit all guests will be required to pay the guest fee, regardless of whether they are in possession of a free guest pass or not.
- All guests must complete a Health Commitment Statement.
- Guests are required to pay an additional fee of £3.99 per class to access studio based classes.
- Certain former members, persons who have applied for memberships but have been rejected, and former members of staff, may be ineligible to be a member, or guest, of a SWEAT! club. If in doubt, the member should check with the club management for advice.
- This agreement may be frozen for a fee of £5 per month. Freezing is for a minimum of one month and a max of 3mths. You must contact us at least 15 days before your payment is due. Freezing can only be from the 1st of the month. If your payments are taken on another day you will need to pay a pro rata amount to change your payment date to the 1st of each month.
Please note – On the Loyalty Bonus membership any freeze period does not affect the Minimum number of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
- If you join SWEAT! on a pre-opening reduced monthly fee, we will automatically adjust your monthly direct debit payment to the full amount after the agreed special offer period has been completed. Details of the reduced and full price, and the term of the special offer rate are detailed in the sign up process and you confirm acceptance of this.
- On our Flexi membership we will advise you by email giving not less than 15 days notice of any rate changes. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a current email address for you, as all communication will be via email.
- Please note a £15 administration fee will be added to your account for any missed payments or if you do not have a valid direct debit set up. If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then SWEAT! may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. A further charge of £15 for a Flexi or £25 for a Loyalty membership will also be added when your account is referred. Any further costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you the member including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
Behaviour & Dress
- You should not disturb or impair the use of the club and any other members within it.
- Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- Green members can book classes in advance on the website to ensure they have a place. If you book on a class and fail to turn up on 3 or more occasions then you will be prevented from booking on any classes in advance for 1 month.
- Blue classes do not need to be booked, its first come first served basis.
- Guests cannot book classes.Free Class Passes are subject to class availability & classes cannot be booked in advance.
- Class timetables and instructors are subject to change without notice.
- You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
- In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be refused to anyone arriving late.
- If you are jeopardising the safety of a class at any time you will be asked to leave the class.
- Lockers are subject to availability. A member must provide their own padlock and ensure that their locker is kept locked at all times. The use of a locker will not guarantee against theft of or damage to your property. We will not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts unless they result from our negligence.
- Do not leave items unattended or in an un-padlocked locker.
- Lockers are available for use only while you are on SWEAT! premises. Use of a locker while not on club premises is prohibited. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker, SWEAT! reserves the right to open the locker (by force if necessary) and remove your belongings. SWEAT! cannot be held responsible for any items removed from lockers.
- SWEAT! will retain any items removed from lockers for a maximum of 10 days. If you do not collect your belongings within this period, your belongings will be donated to charity.
- Depending on location, SWEAT! members may have access to a car park and they are required to follow the car park rules as set out by the car park management company.
- If you wish to cancel a personal training session more than 24 hours beforehand, there will be no charge. If you cancel less than 24 hours beforehand, the full lesson price will be charged.
- Only personal trainers under agreement from SWEAT! may conduct business in SWEAT! clubs.
- Any member found to be personal training other members will have their membership terminated without notice.
- Members are requested to leave the gym with sufficient time to enable you to use the showering and changing facilities, if desired, and to leave the club premises punctually at the time of closing.
- All club facilities will close at the advertised closing time.
- You must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening manner that may cause distress to staff or other members.
- Members must not cause damage to the premises and or another member’s property.
- Members / Guests are not permitted to bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the club premises.
- We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. However, where reasonably possible, we will ask you to sign a use of image rights form (a SWEAT! photography reproduction authorisation form) to consent to this usage.
- We reserve the right to show potential members and other individuals the facilities of a club on a trial basis.
- You consent to and waive any claim in respect of, your image being recorded by CCTV for security purpose and reviewed at our discretion by our employees and contractors.
- If we take no action following a breach of this agreement this will not preclude enforcement of the terms of this agreement at a future date.
- There may be occasions where we close all or part of the club of which you are a member. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or in an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are kept to minimum. You will not be permitted to a part refund of your membership fees in such circumstances.
- Members are deemed to have read and understood these club rules.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership, which are displayed prominently in the club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
- We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK Law will apply.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- We may terminate your membership with immediate effect if you are in breach of the Club Rules.
Health & Safety
- You must use the main entrance to a club when entering.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety, and you must not interfere with fire doors or alarms for any reason.
- You must read the health & safety notices posted on any equipment or facility in the club and comply with their recommendations.
- You must comply with any reasonable requests made by staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
In the circumstances listed below we MAY accept cancellation of a Loyalty Bonus Membership providing all conditions are met.
- Any cancellation for the reasons below will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and accepted by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address on your membership.
- You must continue to make your payments by direct debit until you have received confirmation from us that your membership has been cancelled. Please note a £15 administration fee will be added to your account monthly for any missed payments or if you do not have a valid direct debit in place.
- If we accept your cancellation request you will be required to pay the difference in price to that of the current Flexi Rate from the start of your membership, as we will consider that you have joined on a Flexi membership. Failure to pay this amount will render acceptance of the cancellation void and you will have to continue with your contract.
- Relocation: Loyalty membership can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of an original utility bill or bank statement addressed to yourself and showing the new address and dated within the last month. You must also not have been aware of this relocation when you joined on the Loyalty membership.
- Long term (over 3 months) illness or injury: Loyalty membership may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer. The letter must detail that you are medically unable to use the gym for over 3 months and the condition must not have been in existence when you joined. The letter must be on letterhead paper or stamped by your doctor. (A sick note is not sufficient evidence). This includes Pregnancy where your GP considers it un-safe for you to exercise.
- Redundancy: Loyalty membership can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer. The letter must detail that you have been made redundant and that you were not aware of this redundancy when you joined on a Loyalty Membership. (P45's are not acceptable proof)
- Breach: Loyalty membership can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard.
SWEAT! Gyms Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please contact us: - By emailing our central team at firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address on your membership.